The Global Automotive OEM Coatings market was valued at USD xx million in 2017 and is estimated to reach USD xx million by 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2025.
Drivers & Restraints
Increasing automobile demand, aging vehicles, development in infrastructure, and envi-ronmental concerns are the forces behind the increasing demand for automotive OEM coat-ings. Increasing vehicle production in countries such as the U.S., Germany, China, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, along with aging vehicles is a primary driver for the market. The stringent regulations and environmental norms in the developed regions like the U.S. and Europe is accelerating the demand for eco-friendly coatings such as Water-borne coatings, powder coatings and UV coatings in these regions and thus boosting the overall market de-mand as well. The increasing technological advancements and rising R&D investments will also augment the market growth in the coming years.
The fluctuations in the prices of raw materials like resins, pigments, titanium oxides and ad-ditives can restrain the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market report segments the market by Type, layer and vehicle type. Type segment includes Solvent-borne, Water-borne, Powdered, and UV-cured. Solvent-borne OEM coatings had a significant market share in 2017, and are the most traditionally used coatings. However, the Water-borne segment is estimated to be the most lubricative segment during the forecast period; and is expected to register the highest growth. Water-borne OEM coatings are the future of automotive OEM coatings and cur-rently the transition from Solvent-borne coatings to Water-borne OEM coatings is taking place quickly in the automotive industry. The increasing pressure from regulatory bodies has prompted the automotive coatings industry to move towards more sustainable materials and processes. Solvent-based automotive paints contain VOCs and hazardous air pollutants that contribute to air pollution and cause numerous adverse health effects, including eye/skin irritation, and central nervous system effects. As water-borne OEM coatings use water as a solvent to dissolve a resin, these are more environmentally friendly and safe for the human health. The other advantages of Water-borne OEM coatings which are boosting its demand are increased productivity, reduced costs and better durability of the coating.
Title: Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market Share – By Type, 2017
Further, based on the layer the market can be segmented as Primer, Basecoat, E-coat, and Clearcoat. Also, the vehicle type segment consists of Passenger Cars, Light Commercial Ve-hicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles, and Others.
The report segments the market by geographic region which includes North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Others. Asia-Pacific was the largest market for Automo-tive OEM coatings in 2017 and is also expected to dominate the market in the coming years. The increasing automobile production in countries like China, South Korea, India, Japan, Thailand, and Indonesia is a primary reason for the large share of the APAC region in the market. The rapid economic growth, increasing governments' investments, and advance-ments in road infrastructure especially in China and India, is also spurring the demand for Automotive OEM coatings in the region. The strong presence of key players and rising in-vestments in the region is further boosting the market growth.
The market growth in North American and European region will mostly occur because of the stringent regulations and environment safety norms, which will drive the market for Water-borne, Powdered and UV-coated Automotive OEM coatings.
Title: Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market Share – By Geography, 2017
North America 25%
South America 15%
Rest of the World 10%
The Global Automotive OEM Coatings market report profiles the following companies-
BASF, Axalta Coating Systems, Nippon Paint, AkzoNobel, PPG Industries, Sherwin-Williams Co., Valspar, Kansai Paint, Covestro AG (Bayer), DuPont, KCC Corporation, Arkema SA.
Key market segments covered
• Clear coat
By Vehicle Type
• Passenger Cars
• Light Commercial Vehicles
• Heavy Commercial Vehicles
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
Why purchase the report?
• Visualize the composition of the Automotive OEM Coatings market across each indi-cation, in terms of type, color type and end-user highlighting the key commercial as-sets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in Automotive OEM Coatings market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Automotive OEM Coatings market level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the key Automotive OEM Coatings market products of all major market players
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
1. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – Industry Analysis
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – By Type
5. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – By Layer
5.4. Clear coat
6. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – By Vehicle Type
6.1. Passenger Cars
6.2. Light Commercial Vehicles
6.3. Heavy Commercial Vehicles
7. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – By Geography
7.1. North America
7.1.1. The United States
7.2. South America
7.2.3. Rest of South America
7.3.2. United Kingdom
7.3.5. Rest of Europe
7.4.4. South Korea
7.4.7. Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.5. Rest of the World
8. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – Competitive Landscape
8.1. Market Player Analysis
8.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
8.3. Product Benchmarking
9. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – Company Profiles*
9.2. Axalta Coating Systems
9.3. Nippon Paint
9.5. PPG Industries
9.6. Sherwin-Williams Co
9.8. Kansai Paint
9.9. Covestro AG (Bayer)
9.11. KCC Corporation
9.12. Arkema SA
*Additional company profiles will be included on client request.
10. Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market – Appendix