The global caprolactam market was valued at USD xx million in 2017 and is estimated to reach USD xx million by 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2025. Caprolactam (CPL) is an organic compound with the formula (CH2)5C(O)NH. Almost, all of the caprolactam produced goes into the manufacture of Nylon 6. It is also used in the synthesis of several pharmaceutical drugs. However, the Caprolactam market is effectively dependent on Nylon 6 applications and demand in various industries like Automotive, Textiles, etc.
Drivers & Restraints
The increasing demand for Nylon 6 from automotive industry is a primary driver for the market. Nylon 6 fibers are extensively used in the automotive Industry which includes tire cords, engine covers, gears, and bearings, because of its intrinsic properties like high tensile strength, durability and fatigue resistance. As the automotive sector is flourishing worldwide, it will increase the demand for Nylon 6 which in turn will boost the global caprolactam market.
The volatility in the raw material prices can hinder the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The global caprolactam market report segments the market by end product and application. The End-product segment includes Nylon 6 fibers, Nylon 6 resins, and others. Nylon 6 fiber is the major segment in this category. Nylon 6 fibers are extensively used in the production of textiles, carpets, industrial yarns, and so on owing to its superior chemical as well as physical properties such as lightweight and high tensile strength. The market for Nylon 6 fibers is primarily driven by its applications in the textiles and carpet industry. The textile industry is anticipated to witness high growth in the coming years. The value of the global textile mills market totaled $667.5 billion in 2015, and it is estimated to reach $842.6 billion by 2020. Thus, the high growth in the textile industry will continue to augur the demand for Nylon 6 fibers during the forecast period.
The report segments the market by geographic region which includes North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Others. Asia-Pacific held the largest market share in 2017 and will continue to dominate the market during the forecast period. The dominant market share of the Asia-Pacific region can be attributed to the high growth in the end-user industries for Nylon 6. The Automotive and Textile are the two primary sectors driving the market in the region. APAC has the largest textile industry in the world. It accounted for 60.7% of the global textile mills market value in 2016, and it will continue to flourish in the nearby future, thus boosting the demand for Caprolactam. The rising government initiatives in the end-user industries in countries like India and China is also adding to the growth of the Caprolactam market. For instance, the Indian government in the Union Budget of 2017-18 announced the increment in the fund allocation to Mudra Bank from US $20.4 billion to US $36.6 billion, which will boost the textile industry in the country, and thereby bolstering the market for Caprolactam. Also, the major market players are concentrating on Asia-Pacific region to increase their production facilities which is contributing to the market growth.
The Global Caprolactam market report profiles the following companies-
BASF, DSM, Honeywell, Toray Industries, Sinopec Ltd., UBE Industries, Capro Corp., Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd., Braskem SA, Lanxess AG, DOMO Caproleuna, and GFSC.
Key market segments covered
By End Product
• Nylon 6 resins
• Nylon 6 fibers
• Engineering Resins & Films
• Industrial Yarns
• Textiles & Carpets
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
Why purchase the report?
• Visualize the composition of the Caprolactam market across each indication, in terms of type, color type and end-user highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in Caprolactam market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Caprolactam market level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the key Caprolactam market products of all major market players
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
1. Global Caprolactam Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Global Caprolactam Market – Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Global Caprolactam Market – Industry Analysis
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. Global Caprolactam Market – By End Product
4.1. Nylon 6 resins
4.2. Nylon 6 fibers
5. Global Caprolactam Market – By Application
5.1. Engineering Resins & Films
5.2. Industrial Yarns
5.3. Textiles & Carpets
6. Global Caprolactam Market – By Geography
6.1. North America
6.1.1. The United States
6.2. South America
6.2.3. Rest of South America
6.3.2. United Kingdom
6.3.5. Rest of Europe
6.4.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5. Rest of the World
7. Global Caprolactam Market – Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market Player Analysis
7.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
7.3. Product Benchmarking
8. Global Caprolactam Market – Company Profiles*
8.4. Toray Industries
8.5. Sinopec Ltd.
8.6. UBE Industries
8.7. Capro Corp.
8.8. Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
8.9. Braskem SA
8.10. Lanxess AG
8.11. DOMO Caproleuna
*Additional company profiles will be included on client request.
9. Global Caprolactam Market – Appendix