The global chlorinated polyethylene market was worth USD XX billion in 2017 and is forecasted to reach USD XX billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2018-2025). Chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) is a rubbery and soft polymer, obtained by the chlorination of high-density polyethylene (HDPE). CPE is known for its outstanding chemical, physical, and mechanical properties. It shows high tear strength and flexibility. In addition to these, CPE is resistant to abrasions, heat, weather, oil, and chemicals.
Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– Market Dynamics
The demand for chlorinated polyethylene market is driven due to the replacement of wood and steel with plastics in manufacturing of doors and windows. With the development of PVC plastic profiles for doors and windows, the demand for chlorinated polyethylene has grown rapidly. The global total chlorinated polyethylene capacity and output are about 530,000 tonnes per annum and 265,000 tonnes per annum in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
However, the demand growth is likely to be affected to some extent due to the possible replacement of better impact modifiers such as ACR and MBS resins.
Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– Segmentation Analysis
Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market- By Type, In 2017 (%)
Impact Modifier 30%
Wire & Cable Jacketing 20%
Hose & Tubing 15%
Ignition Resistant Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (IR ABS) 10%
On the basis of application, the global chlorinated polyethylene market is segmented into impact modifier, wire & cable jacketing, hose & tubing, ignition resistant acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (IR ABS), adhesives, magnetics, and others. Of these, impact modifier hold the largest market share in global chlorinated polyethylene market. CPE is the most widely used impact modifier in the PVC profiles industry. About 80% of CPE is used for PVC modification and about 20% for the production of wires, cables, and ABS modification.
Wire & cable jacketing application segment is expected to exhibit sustained growth owing to the growing demand for highly durable fire-retardant jacketing products to reduce the risk of fire in commercial and household establishments. Also, growing substitution of ChlorSulfonated Polyethylene (CSPE) with the product in the application due to the low cost of the product coupled with growing environmental concerns about the former is expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– Geographical Analysis
Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market- By Region, In 2017 (%)
North America 27%
South America 10%
Asia Pacific 30%
Geographically, the global chlorinated polyethylene market is segmented into North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and RoW. Of these, Asia Pacific is currently leading the chlorinated polyethylene market in terms of consumption. In 2017, China was the dominant CPE consumer, accounting for nearly 82% of global demand, followed by other Asia (excluding Japan), the US, and Europe. With a slowdown in the Chinese economy, consumption is anticipated to grow at a minimal growth rate of 3% per year.
Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– Competitive Analysis
Global chlorinated polyethylene market is highly concentrated with few players dominating the market. Key players in Chlorinated polyethylene market include the Dow Chemical Company, Showa Denko K.K, Hangzhou Keli Chemical Co., Ltd, Aurora Plastics LLC, Lianda Corporation, Sanyo Corporation of America., Weifang Yaxing Chemical Co., Ltd., Mexichem Specialty Compounds Inc., Fortune JC, and Jiangsu Tianteng Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
Why purchase the report?
• Visualize the composition of the global chlorinated polyethylene market products across each indication, in terms of products and application highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in chlorinated polyethylene products market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the chlorinated polyethylene products levels 4/5 segmentation.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the essential chlorinated polyethylene products of all major market players.
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
1. Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market–Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– Industry Analysis
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
4. Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– By Product
4.1. CPE 135A
4.2. CPE 135B
5. Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– By Application
5.1. Impact Modifier
5.2. Wire & Cable Jacketing
5.3. Hose & Tubing
5.4. Ignition Resistant Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (IR ABS)
6. Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– By Geography
6.1. North America
6.1.1. The United States
6.2. South America
6.2.4. Rest of South America
6.3.5. United Kingdom
6.3.6. Rest of Europe
6.4.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5. Rest of the World
7. Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– Competitor Landscape
7.1. Competitor Analysis
7.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
8. Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– Company Profiles
8.1. Showa Denko K.K
8.2. Hangzhou Keli Chemical Co., Ltd
8.3. Aurora Plastics LLC
8.4. Lianda Corporation
8.5. Sanyo Corporation of America.
8.6. Weifang Yaxing Chemical Co., Ltd.
8.7. Mexichem Specialty Compounds Inc.
8.8. Fortune JC
8.9. Jiangsu Tianteng Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
8.10. Dow Chemical Company
9. Global Chlorinated Polyethylene Market– Appendix
9.2. List of Tables
9.3. Expert Panel Validation
9.5. Contact Us