The Global Electrical Steel market was valued at USD xx million in 2017 and is es-timated to reach USD xx million by 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period 2018 to 2025. Electrical steel is special steel tailored to produce specific magnetic properties, high permeability and low amount of core loss.
Drivers & Restraints
The global Electrical Steel market is majorly influenced by factors such as increas-ing industrialization, flourishing automotive industry, and growth in the energy sector. Moreover, electrical steel has a variety of application in the construction industry. The high rate of industrialization is expected to drive the market for elec-trical steel.
The market for Hybrid Electrical Vehicles (HEVs) is proliferating because of the growing environmental concerns and limited oil reserves. Hybrid vehicles are the future of the automotive industry, non-grain oriented electrical steel has wide ap-plications in HEVs; thus the market for non-grain oriented electrical steel is ex-pected to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Challenges in the processing of electrical steel is a major barrier to the growth of the Global Electrical Steel Market.
The Global Electrical Steel Market is classified based on type, application, and end-user. Based on the type the market has been segmented as Grain Oriented Electri-cal Steel and Non- Grain oriented Electrical Steel. Further, the market has been divided by application such as Transformers, Motors & Generator, Inductors, and others. Also, the market is classified by end-user industry as Automotive Industry, Construction, Manufacturing, Domestic appliances, Energy, and Others.
Grain-oriented electrical steel has more significant market share than other seg-ments. It is mainly used as a core material for transformers. The energy sector is growing at a fast pace. The growth in the energy sector will lead to more demand for transformers, and hence the market for grain-oriented electrical steel is ex-pected to increase further.
Non- oriented electrical steel is a fastest growing segment. Application of this ma-terial ranges from automobile usages such as hybrid electric vehicle (HEV)/electric vehicle (EV) traction motors and other applications such as electric power steering motors, high-efficiency air-conditioner compressor motors, vacu-um cleaner motors, and energy efficient induction motors. The boom in the au-tomotive industry primarily in HEV vehicles market is expected to propel the de-mand for Non-Grain oriented electrical steel.
The report is divided based on the geography such as North America, South Amer-ica, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the world. Asia-Pacific has the most significant market share for electrical steels owing to its high demand for electricity there by power transformers. The other main reason for the high demand for electrical steel in APAC is the high growth rate of electrical steel end-user industries like au-tomotive, manufacturing and construction in the region.
The Global Electrical Steel market report profiles the following companies-
ArcelorMittal S.A., Baosteel Group Corporation, Pohang Iron and Steel Company (POSCO), Nippon Steel & Sumimoto Metal Corporation(NSSMC), JFE Holdings Inc., Jiangsu Shagang Group, Tata Steel, The United States Steel Corporation (US Steel), Angang Steel Co. Ltd. and Gerdau.
ArcelorMittal, Baosteel, and NSSMC are key players in the market and holds the maximum share in the market. ArcelorMittal operates in more than 60 countries, having largest market in Europe. It was the largest producer of electrical steel in the world in 2017. Baosteel Group, a group, based in China exports its products to more than 40 countries and is one of the largest producers of electrical steel. NSSMC provides steel for areas such as construction, automobiles, civil engineer-ing, energy, resources and operates in 15 countries currently.
Key market segments covered
• Grain Oriented Electrical Steel
• Non-Grain Oriented Electrical Steel
• Motors & Generators
By End-User Industry
• Automotive Industry
• Construction Industry
• Domestic Appliances
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
Why purchase the report?
• Visualize the composition of the Electrical Steel market across each indica-tion, in terms of type, end user, and applications, highlighting the key com-mercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in Electrical Steel market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Electrical Steel market level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after ex-haustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the essential Electrical Steel market products of all major market players
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
1. Global Electrical Steel Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Global Electrical Steel Market – Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Global Electrical Steel Market – Industry Analysis
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
3.4. Patent Analysis
4. Global Electrical Steel Market – By Type
4.1. Grain Oriented Electrical Steel
4.2. Non-Grain Oriented Electrical Steel
5. Global Electrical Steel Market – By Application
5.2. Motors & Generators
5.4. Others (Electromagnets)
6. Global Electrical Steel Market – By End-User Industry
6.1. Automotive Industry
6.2. Construction Industry
6.4. Domestic Appliances
7. Global Electrical Steel Market – By Geography
7.1. North America
7.1.1. The United States
7.2. South America
7.2.3. Rest of South America
7.3.2. United Kingdom
7.3.5. Rest of Europe
7.4.3. South Korea
7.4.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.5. Rest of the World
7.5.1. Middle East
8. Global Electrical Steel Market – Competitive Landscape
8.1. Market Share Analysis
8.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
8.3. Product Benchmarking
9. Global Electrical Steel Market – Company Profiles
9.1. ArcelorMittal S.A.
9.2. Baosteel Group Corporation
9.3. Pohang Iron and Steel Company (POSCO)
9.4. Nippon Steel & Sumimoto Metal
9.5. JFE Holdings Inc.
9.6. Jiangsu Shagang Group
9.7. Tata Steel
9.8. The United States Steel Corporation (US Steel)
9.9. Angang Steel Co. Ltd.
10. Global Electrical Steel Market – Appendix
10.2. List of Tables
10.3. Expert Panel Validation
10.5. Contact Us